St. Joseph’s University, New York, will honor six distinguished alumni at its annual Esse Non Videri Gala Awards, toasting the best of St. Joseph’s and raising funds for student scholarships on Friday, Nov. 18, at the Garden City Hotel in Garden City, New York.
“We are exceptionally proud of these six individuals, who represent the best of what our alumni offer to our communities,” said Donald R. Boomgaarden, Ph.D., president of St. Joseph’s University, New York. “On behalf of everyone at St. Joseph’s, I congratulate this year’s honorees and thank them for their dedication and service to the healthcare field.”
This year’s honorees are:
- President’s Award for Public Service: Sandra Lindsay ’99 DHSc, MS, MBA, RN, CCRN-K, NE-BC, vice president, public health and advocacy, Northwell Health
- Healthcare Professional of the Year: Ingrid Walker-Descartes ’08 MBA, MD, MPH, FAAP, chief medical officer JCCA, Maimonides Children’s Hospital of Brooklyn
- Compassionate Leadership Award: Kimberly Fitzpatrick Biegasiewicz, ’08 RN MHA, president and CEO, The Avante Group Inc.
- Excellence in Community Impact and Service Award: Richard T. Margulis ’85, president and CEO, Long Island Community Hospital
- Distinguished Achievement in Patient Care and Innovation Award: David Conway, ’10 PA, physician assistant, Compassionate Community Physicians P.C.
- Rising Star Award: Katelynn Doyle, ’20 RN, registered nurse, NYU Langone Medical Center
“We are pleased to recognize these distinguished alumni for their work in the field of healthcare,” said Rory Shaffer-Walsh, St. Joseph’s vice president for institutional advancement. “These past few years have been the ultimate test of their commitment to their chosen field. Their dedication fully embodies the University’s motto, Esse non videri — “To be, not to seem.”